These movers will offer their customers a one-rate all-inclusive moving service. In 1999, the concept of a flat rate moving company was introduced to the world. In the United States, it is a very popular type of moving service. Taking advantage of flat rate moving will give you a relocation anywhere that is hassle free. When you contact the moving company to discuss moving your household goods ask them what types of moving services they offer. If they do not mention flat rate moving ask if they offer this service. If they do, they will come to your home and make a note of all that needs to be moved, where you will be moving to, and who will pack and unpack the house. Once they have all the information they will decide the costs and present you with a copy of their bid for their services. If you accept it then a contract will be drawn up listing what services they are offering for the price quoted. Once the contract is signed, it states that they guarantee that there will be no unexpected extra expenses.
When hiring such movers there are many advantages to hiring them, which include:
• It helps eliminate or reduce pricing practices that are questionable. It will also help to build a trust among their customers and potential customers.
• Using flat rate movers ensure that you will know before the move exactly what you will be paying for what services. There will be no hassles of hidden or added charges.
• Flat rate movers may charge a little more than a regular moving company because many regular moving companies charge per hour or distance,
• It is a hassle free move so this can make it more economic when you look at value for money.
• When moving companies charge by the hour has many drawbacks because every minute they are moving your household goods they have to count them. They may not tell you upfront but they could be counting in smoke breaks, breaks to go to the restroom, get gas, lunch, etc. This is an example of hidden charges.
• Flat rate movers give you a complete package of the services you choose with a price quote for just those services. There is also a signed contract between you and the company with the rate listed.
As with regular moving companies, talk to multiple flat rate movers and compare their flat rate quote and what services they offer for the price quoted. If they are an independent company make sure that they have the right licenses and insurance before hiring. They should also have several years experience moving. Ask for references and check them out.