Now that you have made a decision to move to a new city then what must be your first and foremost move? Packing delicate and fragile items is the trickiest task which we all face. We want to take glassware, cutlery, electronic items, lamps and vases in single piece to our new house. To avoid any kind of breakage use suitable packaging material. It is suggested that bubble wrap is the best thing to cover delicate items but it alone can not our items. There are certain things if applied at the time of moving we circumvent the damaging of stuff.
There are some important items which we require at the time of packing like:
• Corrugated box
• Bubble wrap
• Boxes of different sizes
• Plastic covers
• Cloth or towels
• Scissors and
• Packing tape
Spend some time in packing delicate items as it requires good amount of time and we do not want anything to break in a hurry.
Before packing always inspect that all the all the packing materials are in working condition like boxes, tapes, marks etc. Different items are packed differently. Different items and tools are used to pack different items because it is necessary to know how to wrap different items like:
1) Plates: Cover each plate in bubble wrap, secure with piece of tape, and place them vertically. It helps in decreasing surface area and in turn risk of breakage while transport is minimum. For chinaware it is suggested to put an extra effort and place a piece of pliable cardboard or cushion foam on the top and bottom of plates and also in between and again place them vertically. Do not over pack any box to avoid any breakage. Put newspaper to fill empty space in the box so that items do not have space to move.
2) Glasses: Wrap each glass separately with packing paper and put newspaper to reduce empty space. Place cardboard sheets in between glasses so that they do not get break.
3) Lamps: Remember to remove lampshade, remove light bulb, cover prongs with foam to guard base. Cover the base with paper padding, put it upright into box by covering with packing paper. Place newspaper in empty spaces. Put lamp shades in different box.
4) Frames: Frames should be placed suitable sized boxes, with crumpled paper in between pieces. Cover frames in packing paper. Put more newspaper in top side of frames so that they do not have space to move around.
5) Mirrors: Use painter's tape in the middle of glass, expanding to the edges. This will avert the glass from shifting and will absorb any shock which might crack glass. Protect corners of mirror by placing foam frame protectors and cover whole thing in bubble wrap.
6) For smaller mirrors or glass items, it is suggested to use mirror corrugated box. This kind of box is designed primarily to protect mirror during shifting.